“It's here now. If you haven't looked, you may not have noticed it.”
That's neuroscientist, Dr Steve Miller, speaking on The Learning Capacity Podcast about the emerging field of educational neuroscience.
He pointed out that neuroscience, the knowledge of how our brains work, is being applied in a range of diverse fields and has recently come to education.
Research from neuroscience is being applied in:
- Professional athletics – to improve performance
- The military - to make their elite teams consistently more elite
- Medicine - for diagnosis and treatment
- Business - to understand decision-making and consumer behaviour
- Education - to improve teaching methodologies and learning outcomes
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST