During her speaking tour of Australia & New Zealand in June Barbara Arrowsmith –Young, founder of the Arrowsmith School agreed to an interview with LearnFast.
Barbara was very generous with her time and gave us a lot of useful, interesting information and many insights into her work. She spoke about a wide range of topics including:
- The range problems and ages of people on her program
- “Cognitive deficits” as a better description than “learning disabilities"
- Improving learning capacity of every student
- Motor planning
- Eye tracking in reading
- Following instructions
- Time signature in music
- Her “naturalistic experiment”
- Cognitive deficits and personality development
- Her work with Dr Norman Doidge
- Where her remarkable drive and perseverance came from
- The biggest challenge now & the pre-neuroplastic paradigm
- Effortful processing